Thursday, April 29, 2010

Overwhelmed...

We had our consultation today with the Reproductive Clinic. I can honestly say we walked away from there with our heads spinning. Both of us have to have some blood work done, and Josh has to get his swimmers tested again. It sounds like when all is said and done, I may be doing clomid AGAIN. I'm not too confidant about this because the two miscarriages I had, were when I was on clomid. We could take another pill that will help, but it's not approved by something, so it's not out there and advertised. I don't remember the name of it, but it's basically a stronger form of clomid form what it sounded like. Another option would be the injectable hormones. Not something I would want to do...give myself shots, but if it got us a baby...I would do it.

I had ANOTHER internal ultrasound done today...#3 this year. My ovaries looked fine she counted about 15-17 cysts on each ovary, but isn't convinced that I have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome). Like I said...we left there with our heads literally spinning.

We did look into the cost of artificial insemination and IVF. We can honestly say...IVF is out no matter what. It's just not an affordable option. If we did the artificial thing, it would be out of pocket because it isn't covered by my insurance. Again...spinning heads.

So...in short...were do we go from here? I will continue to take birth control for the next 2 months, I have to go in to have a dye test done to make sure my tubes are open, and see what the results are with Josh's swimmers. It will take a few months to get into see the doctor, so we have some time to look at things and maybe try on our own and see where things take us.

So...for now I will finish out the birth control, continue on the metformin, and get the 5 different blood tests, and wait.

Please pray for us as we go through this. We are frustrated, but yet have hope that we will eventually have kids. Hopefully sooner than later, but it will happen when the time is right.

Thank you for you prayers so far, please keep them coming. We are feeling them. I have my days when I'm super low and down about this whole process...those seem to be the days when I feel prayers the most.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

0 comments: